Douglas Hill Photography
Pantages Theater, Argyle St, Hollywood
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Pantages Theatre, located near the eastern end of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, began life in 1930 as one of the last true movie palaces in Los Angeles. Its lobby is particularly opulent, despite having been completed during the Great Depression. In 1977 it ceased to show movies and became a major venue for live theater productions, which it continues to do to this day. Fortunately, both the interior and exterior of the building have been beautifully restored and maintained by its current owners.